The Saurian Adventure Official Discussion Thread

Robert Monroe

The RP hasn't begun yet, but consider this the official thread for all things related to it. Questions, comments, suggestions, and the like all go here! If you've a question about your profile, please redirect yourself to the profile thread seen here:

http://starfox-online.net/topic/10842-saurian-adventure-profiles-post-here-i-you-want-to-join/

JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER. IF YOUR PROFILE ISN'T IN THAT THREAD, YOU DON'T GET TO RP.

That said, I think the RP will be firing up either next week, or two weeks from now! We're still a little low on profiles, so spread the word!

I hope you do commit, AJC. Anyone who goes a prolonged period of time without posting will be dropped!

I must say though, many of the characters are so young, and yet so seasoned. They're going to make Amelia feel both old and inexperienced. lol

I must say though, many of the characters are so young, and yet so seasoned. They're going to make Amelia feel both old and inexperienced. lol

Yeah, well think of it this way: Fox was how old when he stepped up and took over Star Fox to kick Andross' ass? :U

Forgetting if I changed the age of my character back down to mid-20s...I originally had him at 28

It's almost that time! You know what time I'm talking 'bout!

Anyway, I wanted to take some time to discuss how we are going to open up this rp. Like Rob said, we need to think about our posts before we submit them because of the limitations set forth by the rules. With that being said, I think it'd be a good idea to chat with eachother, run ideas by eachother--like what our characters are going to do in our own post(s) and how someone else's character will react in relation to that in another post...

--Which, is the whole point of this "RP Discussion Thread", right?

Um... yeah. Excuse me for stating what is already obvious...

But getting to my point, at the point where we present our characters to one another in our first posts, I'm sure that our characters will be, like, doing something... or something. You know what I mean? Like...

*thinks of a way to explain what I'm talking about...*

--Oh! I know! We just need to talk about what are characters will be doing, so that, not only are we expounding on our own character's thoughts, our characters may possibly make observations on another, just to give everyone something to talk about in our post(s). Na'am saying? Because... Lemme just give you an example of what I'm talking about:

First, there are aspects and things about my character that I'm actually figuring out/making up as I go (and as well, I'm sure we all are; that IS character development in it's essence, right?) One thing that came across as kind of a unique/funny idea for my character is how she's an avid video blogger, and I wanted to open up with her doing a video blog and being her goofy self and and chatting about how excited she is about the excursion or whatever the other characters are doing as she's doing her thing.

...Am I making any kind of sense here? I hope so.

--And another thing I just thought of! This may amount to my own dedication to this rp, but I was just thinking about perhaps if Alicia pops on her cam and does these face-times, it could serve as recaps or a unnoficial/secondary/emotional narration to the rp, in sort of a "found footage" fashion? (<<And that's more directed to you Rober, since this is your rp, your say, your rules... whatever--yeah...)

Let's worry about bells and whistles after the RP starts, but I <3 your spirit, naza!

Name: Manthony Higgs

Rifles (Sniping), Hanguns (Gunslinging), Martial Arts, Intrusion

Stats:

STR: 5+1 (6)

PER: 5+2 (7)

CHR: 5-1 (4)

INT: 5+1 (6)

WIL: 5-2 (3)

AGL: 5+2 (7)

Name: Gene Inari

Psychokinetics, Martial Arts (Mastery: Aikido,), Melee Weapons, Handguns, Savior-Faire

STR: 5 + 0 (5)

PER: 5 + 0 (5)

CHR: 5 + 0 (5)

INT: 5 + 0 (5)

WIL: 5 + 4 (9)

AGI: 5 + 0 (5)

Name: Renard Lloyd Frost

Psychokenetics, Melee Weapons, Survival (Adrenaline Rush)

Stats

Strength - 6

Perception -5

Charisma - 4

Intelligence -7

Willpower- 7

Agility - 5

Name: Ryan Moore

Skills: melee weapons- combat knife

Rifles- high precision (sniping)

Intrusion

Strength +0 (5)

Perception +3 (8)

Charisma -2 (3)

Intelligence +0 (5)

Willpower +1 (6)

Agility +2 (7)

Name: Alex Jameson Cullen

melee weapons- saber

Survival : explained

Handguns: most any but they have to be smaller, for a smaller animal

Strength: 5 (5-0)

Perception 7 (5+2)

Willpower 7 (5+2)

Charisma 4 (5-1)

Intelligence 3 (5-2)

Agility 7 (5+2)

Name: Eurydice Diane Green

Martial Arts (Mastery- Counter Trigger), Melee Weapons, Hand Guns, Savoir-Faire, Survival

Strength 5 + 2 (7)

Perception 5 +1 (6)

Charisma 5

Intelligence 5

Willpower 5

Agility 5 + 1 (6)

Name: Amelia Alaer Cimmaron

-Academics (Geology)

-Savior-Faire (persuasion)

-Technology

STR: 5-1 (4)

PER: 5 (5)

CHR: 5+2 (7)

INT: 5+2 (7)

WIL: 5-2 (3)

AGI: 5-1 (4)

Name: Ea Redd

Strength - 5 + 1 (6)

Perception - 5 + 2 (7)

Charisma - 5 - 1 (4)

Intelligence - 5 + 2 (7)

Willpower- 5

Agility - 5 + 1 (6)

FName: Freyr Graymane

Strength: 5 (+3) = 8

Perception: 5 (+0) = 5

Charisma: 5 (-1) = 4

Intelligence: 5 (+1) = 6

Agility: 5 (+0) = 5

Willpower: 5 (+6) = 5

Skill Set:

Martial Arts

Martial Arts Mastery

Technology

Repair/Destroy

Melee Weapons

Just made a quick master post of everyone's stats and skills. While it's not 100% my place to say, but I still think a lot of us need adjustments. Rob said himself that specializing would benefit us more than a bunch of more well rounded characters. Point is, I'm asking people to make adjustment to their stats at least. Push for 8's and 9's guys! At least in one stat.

So far ONLY THREE OUT OF NINE characters have a stat with an 8 or higher. All I see are 6's and 7's and 4's and 3's. There's enough of us to push for higher stats. 5 characters with a 6 or 7 in some stat makes you redundant to each other and makes everyone a tad underwhelming with no niche to fill. Push your character to be that guy with a 9 stat.

To make a quick D&D anology, you don't go into a party of Bards as a Bard yourself, right? While everyone is well rounded, and that's good in a way. We don't have anyone that REALLY specializes in something. Remember this is SFA, the Krazoa spirits will be throwing some serious challenges at us, nevermind the Force Point temples and the Shrine itself. If everyone has 6's and 7's when an obstacle needs an 8 or a 9, we'll be at the mercy of Rob's DM shenanigans. Wouldn't you rather have the satisfaction having YOUR character pull whatever challenge off without DM intervention?

• Like 1

Gene makes a good point here. While I'm glad we're not a party of absurd min/max'd twinks, we do need a bit more specialization going on here. If your character is a sniper, then go all the way for it! An infiltrator/spy? Go for it! All you need is the IC justification! If your character is smart, then flex those brain cells!

So... I'm guessing you're pushing back the start date? If that's the case, I could take some time to re-do and re-post my character's dossier. If not, I could just adjust her skill points to better reflect the creativity and genius level IQ I already gave her, as well as fix some mistakes I've noticed. If there is time, I'd like someone to give my character dossier The Third Degree. Just swoop in, kick the door down, and put the screws to it. Gene, because I like your character and RPing advice, and Rob, because this is your rp. In the least, there are a couple of little things I need to adjust. At most, I'll have to completely refurbish her to give everyone's soul what they need.

And on another note... My computer crashed. Well, it didn't actually crash per se (it's still operational), it's just hard/annoying as hell to use because the backlight for the screen quit working. I can still get on this site easily from another computer, but still I'm almost literally in effing tears; a lot of info/ideas/character stuff/whatever is on that computer, and now to access my dedication to this rp is a headache in the making. However, I will not give up!

--OH! One more thing before closing. There is a lot going on in the thread where we post our character. There's re-editing, re-imaging, and re-posting of dossiers; Rob's giving out instructions; Gene's giving advice; there is just so much STUFF going on. I was thinking that when we get our character profiles where they need to be in terms of qualiry, we post the final drafts in a new thread, then rename and lock the current thread for housekeeping and archiving purposes?

Edited by Naza Sutera

Naza, your character is one of the more diversely designed ones, but if you wish to take it up the next level, feel free!

And yes, the RP is being delayed to give people more time to fix things.

And yes yes, when the RP starts, all profiles will be archived and locked for reference.

I posted this in the applications thread, but I'm considering bowing out unless you simply wanted me to tweak my application.

Hidi if you don't feel you can stay up to par for the RP then don't force yourself to be a part of it :\

Hey Gene, remember too that I'm in the midst of making some modifications. Therefore, I may consider pushing some of my stats and revamping the bio and other stuff.

Your character is fine, AJC, though you may wannna review his skills some.

i actually found room for a 9 stat.. I actually like where i got my dossier so far

If I can specialize, I dunno what to specialize in! I'm normally comfortable playing a more or less balanced character but maybe I should try something a little different..... At any rate, I dunno what to do. I don't think it'd be wise to specialize in Strength but yet, maybe I should. Bah! I'll keep thinking!

The RP will begin as soon as all profiles are reposted in the profile thread. Let's make haste!

This has been postponed twice now, try to make it fast.