Corneria defense force icon

Rusakov

I had an idea to create a logo based on the "Corneria Defense Force" monkier that's given to us. Here's what I've got so far.

tsdiN.png

Aside from centering the main text (which I'll do latter), I feel like it's missing something. If you want to suggest changes or additions to it, feel free to do so.

I had an idea to create a logo based on the "Corneria Defense Force" monkier that's given to us. Here's what I've got so far.

tsdiN.png

Aside from centering the main text (which I'll do latter), I feel like it's missing something. If you want to suggest changes or additions to it, feel free to do so.

Maybe the text could go over an emblem of sorts, like these;

Military_Rank_Icons_by_Psychotic_Carp.gi

Maybe the text could go over an emblem of sorts, like these;

Military_Rank_Icons_by_Psychotic_Carp.gi

I could do that! The one I use would depend on which one looks good enough when upscaled though.

Edit: I think I'll draw my own instead. Less problematic that way.

I could do that! The one I use would depend on which one looks good enough when upscaled though.

True..., maybe a different set of larger, higher-res military-rank emblems would be a good idea;

What about the rank symbol for corporals? - Rank_Corporal.png

True..., maybe a different set of larger, higher-res military-rank emblems would be a good idea;

What about the rank symbol for corporals? - Rank_Corporal.png

That would work great! I could even add a few design alterations to it to make it more original (like adding stars inside of it).

That would work great! I could even add a few design alterations to it to make it more original (like adding stars inside of it).

:popcorn: This is getting good; originality is most definitely key, and judging by your previous thread, I'm sure you're more than capable! :D

Here's a first try.

6IvmG.png

If I color the emblem in I could put it behind the words. Does anyone have any specific colors they want?

Edit: I just had an idea. How about animating the image so that one side has the words "Corneria Defense Force" and then have the image flip over to show the emblem on the other side?

Advice: Try to make up your own design rather than just lift the US Army's rank insignias. Furthermore, the use of CORPORAL rank for an entire military is laughably silly. Look up other national militaries, compare their logos, take inspiration, create your own.

Advice: Try to make up your own design rather than just lift the US Army's rank insignias. Furthermore, the use of CORPORAL rank for an entire military is laughably silly. Look up other national militaries, compare their logos, take inspiration, create your own.

I'll keep that in mind. Back to the drawing board...

I don't really get what you're trying to do...

Is that meant to be a logo for the entire CDF?

Is that meant to be a logo for the entire CDF?

Yes, but I'm going to try to create a different emblem that would be more representative of the entirety of the military. I have a few ideas in mind. I'll post when I illustrate some of them.

Here's a try at a military insignia. The circles represent the two suns of the Lylat system.

bAo0j.png

Coments/criticisms?

It's simple and conceptual, I kinda like it.

However, it looks more like a banner flag than an actual army logo...

Oh, and as far as I remember, either you consider Solar as a star, and Lylat is the system around it, either Lylat is the star of the system, not featured in any official game and Solar is a proto-planet (seen as a star by the current lylatians because they ever saw Solar as a big lava ball).

Oh, and as far as I remember, either you consider Solar as a star, and Lylat is the system around it, either Lylat is the star of the system, not featured in any official game and Solar is a proto-planet (seen as a star by the current lylatians because they ever saw Solar as a big lava ball).

I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you saying that I should only consider Lylat as the star?

Well, in it's current state, Solar is a big shining ball, but it is not a star (and even less "a" Sun, since the Sun is our star! :P ).

My point was only about words and terminology, I wasn't saying that Solar should not be on logos and insignias... ^_^

Actually, I still think the CDF should have something centered on Corneria. That wouldn't be very distinctive though, since the whole Corneria Army logo is already centered on Corneria, but well...

Well, in it's current state, Solar is a big shining ball, but it is not a star (and even less "a" Sun, since the Sun is our star! :P ).

My point was only about words and terminology, I wasn't saying that Solar should not be on logos and insignias... ^_^

Actually, I still think the CDF should have something centered on Corneria. That wouldn't be very distinctive though, since the whole Corneria Army logo is already centered on Corneria, but well...

Okay. I have more ideas for logos but they'll take some time (and maybe better software) to make. It could be a while before I have new icons ready.

I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Don't forget that in Starfox Assault, Corneria did have a logo:

Cornerian_Logo.jpg

It would make sense for that logo to be CDF's logo instead of the whole Cornerian Army.

I sketched this earlier, if it helps:

scancdflogo1.png

It would make sense for that logo to be CDF's logo instead of the whole Cornerian Army.

I sketched this earlier, if it helps:

scancdflogo1.png

That's a very good concept! I'll try coming up with something original first and if it doesn't turn out well then may I borrow some elements from your design?

I've decided to try something different. I'll make a flower (representing Corneria's fertility) with a sword at its center. I have the petals done but I need some time to get the center and the sword done.

Here's what I have in mind for the final design. I'ts a bit rough but I think it gets the idea across.

Q75nB.png

That's odd for a defense force to feature a sword on its logo... :/ A shield would suit better I think.

I agree. I mean, a flower for a military? It's interesting, but I don't think it's fitting. I encourage you to keep at it though! ^_^

That's odd for a defense force to feature a sword on its logo... :/ A shield would suit better I think.

So something like this?

T7f5J.png