First Person games for 3DS. It's expandable!

The VGM Lover

I felt something today while I was playing my N3DS today...

In Tomodachi Life, I gave a new apartment design to one of my T.L. Miis, and decided to take an inside look. That moment when I was standing, just looking at my T.L. Mii at one side of the screen, in the center of the apartment, with the 3D on, made me feel like I was experiencing virtual reality! Now I thought to myself: "Why don't we have more of this?"

Granted, there are a few decent titles for the 3DS that involve first person, and there is indeed a FPS game on the way (Metroid Prime: Federation Force), but besides that, I feel that the potential of 3D FP games has never been fully realized. No game ever came as close to making me feel like I was IN the game as much as Tomodachi Life did for just a moment, and that's a bad thing! 

I thought I'd share this opinion with you guys so that we can talk more about this, and see just how far 3D First Person games could go. In other words, what do you guys think?

Try Alien Isolation with an Oculus Rift.  You'll never want to be that fully immersed in a game ever again

• Like 1

Try Alien Isolation with an Oculus Rift.  You'll never want to be that fully immersed in a game ever again

Try Elite: Dangerous with one and a good flight stick and you'll forget it's a game, apparently.

• Like 1

I was referring to the 3DS. How far do you think the 3DS could go with virtual, first person 3D?

Not too far, actually. Most FPS games need online to stay playable for long nowadays, and the 3DS wouldn't be a great platform for that. Handhelds in general don't really fit that game type too well, except maybe impromptu matches with friends while waiting for stuff/at a party.

I mean, it can happen, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo for the PSP, while a third person, was a really really good TPS apparently, online and all, but even then it's niche at best.

However, if 007 Goldeneye from the N64 got a 3DS rework (not that Microsoft would let it happen), that'd be hella fun on 3DS because part of the fun is the wonky ass control scheme.

• 1 month later...

Have you played Goldeneye Source? Closest thing you'll get to an HD remaster of Goldeneye for the N64, but it's worth trying out. Basically it's Goldeneye modded in Source.

Hi, I'm back!! Actually, I did end up finding something legitimately a FPS for the 3DS eShop. Moon Chronicles. Originally released as Moon for the DS in 2009, it was remastered for the 3DS in 2014. Think of it as Metroid Prime Hunters, but Single Player only and with Episodes as DLC. Gonna give it a try in the future, to see if it's worth the praise it got, according to Wikipedia.