The Nintendo Museum

qwert

Hey, been a while since I've talked on here.

With the Nintendo Museum's unveiling, I'm wondering what we all think? I went into the direct hoping to catch a glimpse of the SNES puppets, but to my knowledge they're quite tattered now (imagine how sticky Slippy is now, eugh.)

Who here is looking to attend? I'm very curious to see more, but I probably won't go myself. Never been to Japan, hahah

When I heard museum I was thinking more development stuff, when I went to the National Videogame Museum they had a lot of that sort of stuff. Maybe there'll be a section dedicated to that?

Very interested to hear your thoughts!

I hadn't realized they were putting together a museum. Aside from NintendoNYC, I haven't been to any of their installations/exhibits. Seems like a great idea, and one that has pretty significant widespread appeal, minus the logistical and financial challenges of traveling to Japan.

A conceptual look into their past consoles would be pretty nifty. What aspects of the development process led to certain features included or not included on the final product, styling choices, etc.

EDIT: I almost forgot. I did snap a few photos during the Star Fox Zero/Guard launch window at NintendoNYC. The puppets were there, and they looked great!

avOa2h0.jpeg

23 hours ago, CrypticQuery said:

I hadn't realized they were putting together a museum. Aside from NintendoNYC, I haven't been to any of their installations/exhibits. Seems like a great idea, and one that has pretty significant widespread appeal, minus the logistical and financial challenges of traveling to Japan.

A conceptual look into their past consoles would be pretty nifty. What aspects of the development process led to certain features included or not included on the final product, styling choices, etc.

EDIT: I almost forgot. I did snap a few photos during the Star Fox Zero/Guard launch window at NintendoNYC. The puppets were there, and they looked great!

avOa2h0.jpeg

I do wonder what their AVS system would have been like. We have a few photos of it running Donkey Kong, was like a home computer.

They are in good shape, posed a bit strangely but they're felt and fluff, not much you can do. 

image.png.0d495b4008b9b7b4700f4426344e109c.png

Falco does look a little silly, lol

• Haha 1

• Owner/Technical Admin

If I'm ever over in JP i'd like to go visit.