Veteran's Day

FoxMcCloud

Thanks to all our Service Members! Thank them all for their service to their countries. A bit late, but I was "unavailable" for the past week. Visiting the family before I hit my next duty station.

Speaking of the armed forces...

I toured the USS Springfield (SSN 761) today. My god, it's cramped! XD

I love how the Americans have to have there own celebration for everything. (In the real world we call it remembrance-day)

My grandfather died on the 11 of November (He was an Anzac). And my dad was killed in action. My mom was in the armed forces and she went MIA for a couple of months so I guess we can count her as well. I've also had a couple of friends who were killed by Rocket-Launchers (Because that's what you need to take down a digger).

I love how the Americans have to have there own celebration for everything.

And what exactly is wrong with this again...?

I love how the Americans have to have there own celebration for everything. (In the real world we call it remembrance-day)

My grandfather died on the 11 of November (He was an Anzac). And my dad was killed in action. My mom was in the armed forces and she went MIA for a couple of months so I guess we can count her as well. I've also had a couple of friends who were killed by Rocket-Launchers (Because that's what you need to take down a digger).

Real world. Thats a lovely little condescending tone you have there. What, its not like America has its own seperate culture or anything that could possibly lead to it calling things different names than other nations, oh no.

other cultures may call it remembrance day, but i still like the conentations of Veterens day. Yes we may remember the brutual conflicts we have been through, but we must also thank the opnes still alive.

other cultures may call it remembrance day, but i still like the conentations of Veterens day. Yes we may remember the brutual conflicts we have been through, but we must also thank the opnes still alive.

Why?

Why?

why not? why not thinak them for their sacrifices? why not show them that although you may not agree with your government, that you respect the ones doing the dieing? why may i ask, wouldn't you?

why not? why not thinak them for their sacrifices? why not show them that although you may not agree with your government, that you respect the ones doing the dieing? why may i ask, wouldn't you?

Probably he doesn't get the reason people volunteer to die for their country. I can't explain it fully, but I can get the gist of it.

I had a grandfather who was in the military (Navy?) back in WWII. I don't really know much about what he exactly did but it had something to do with mapping or directions (again, not sure). I kind of wish I was a few years older back in 2003 so I could of asked him about any interesting stories (since I was shy and didn't really had an interest in that stuff).

I'd add something to the conversation but I think it's best for me to just not get involved.

Various reasons. First and formost they choose to. It's a risk you willing take. It's not a charity either, they get paid. To me it's no different then a criminal going to jail, or a fireman getting burned. It's a risk they take. There are numberous secondary reasons I will not go into.

Various reasons. First and formost they choose to. It's a risk you willing take. It's not a charity either, they get paid. To me it's no different then a criminal going to jail, or a fireman getting burned. It's a risk they take. There are numberous secondary reasons I will not go into.

all these reasons are valid points. But so are these. I still thank a Fireman for doing their job. I still praise a cop when i see one. I still thank them regardless of their salary. and it is a risk they take, a tremendous life risking risk. One that at least they deserve a hearty thank you from everyone in the world.

Yeah, those people are willing to take the risk to continue enjoying our freedom. Without our military... I shudder to think what would happen.

It is a little known fact that the military makes up less than one percent of the entire US population.

all these reasons are valid points. But so are these. I still thank a Fireman for doing their job. I still praise a cop when i see one. I still thank them regardless of their salary. and it is a risk they take, a tremendous life risking risk. One that at least they deserve a hearty thank you from everyone in the world.

There is a difference between a pat on the back and worship.

Yeah, those people are willing to take the risk to continue enjoying our freedom. Without our military... I shudder to think what would happen.

It is a little known fact that the military makes up less than one percent of the entire US population.

Anyone could just walk in and take over. Even a small army is a deterant.

There is a difference between a pat on the back and worship.

What do you mean by worship?

idolize: love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol;

and

Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed to one or more deities.

I understand the meaning of the word worship, but in what context were you using it?

I meant to use the word "worship" in an exaggerated sense of praising the military.